At the end of 2010 the idea of showing the population of Kingston the latin culture through an association of Latinos arises. After many months of work and meetings among Latino immigrants, at the end of February 2011 we made the decision to establish a formal association to be identified as a group by the Canadian community in Kingston and other cultural communities.
The first group was called Kingston Latin American and Caribbean Association,but we decided to change the name to a shorter and easier to understand both English and Spanish, the new name is Kingston Latino. In October 2011 we registered with the federal and provincial governments the Kingston Latino Community Association as a non for profit incorporation.
We are a socially responsible Latino community, vibrant, inclusive and united, thatsupports its members, is receptive to newcomers and is valued by the community of Kingston. We want to generate friendships with Canadian residents and anyother nation.
Being the main sponsor of the different Latin American cultures in Kingston,consolidate as a support group for our members and become the gateway to other Latin Americans who wish to settle in this city.
- Joy.- Characteristic of all Latinos to undertake any task in such activities and fun.
- Mutual aid.- Solidarity among members and to the wider community of Kingston.
- Optimism.- It is characterized by positivism in each activity.
- Inclusive.- does not discriminate on any basis whatever, nationality, ethnicity, language, sexual orientation, social status, etc..
- Secular.- No matter the religion.
- Friendly service.- Respect and appreciation of all people.
- Liability.- Willing to complete the mandated activities.